How Do You Change the Mazda Key Fob Battery?
At Biggers Mazda, we know that many drivers in the Schaumburg area depend on the convenience of remote access to their vehicles, whether it’s to lock and unlock the doors, start the engine, or open to trunk. When you have become accustomed to having this technology, it can create challenges when that battery needs to be replaced. Luckily, it’s easy to open your key fob and replace the CR2025 battery.
How to Open Mazda Key Fob
- On the back of your key fob, you will find the auxiliary key button. Once you press that button, you will be able to access the metal auxiliary key.
- After you take the metal key out, you will find a slot on either side of the key casing.
- Carefully pry open the case using a tape-wrapped flathead screwdriver. Gently start on one side and then move to the other side.
How to Change Battery in Mazda Key Fob
It’s easy to change the battery once you open the Mazda key fob:
- Remove the battery cap for access to the battery.
- Take out the battery, but be careful of the rubber ring. If the ring gets scratched, it must be replaced before continuing.
- If the ring is undamaged, leave it in place while you put your new battery in the key fob with the positive (+) side up, facing you.
- Close the battery cover and reattach both sides of the key fob. Be sure to press down until you hear a clicking sound. After you replace the key, you are all set!
Need Assistance? Biggers Mazda is Here for You!
If you’re worried about changing your Mazda key fob battery yourself in Geneva or you want to make sure it’s done correctly the first time, contact our service department in Elgin with questions to schedule an appointment. Our experts know Mazda vehicles inside and out and would be delighted to assist you and help you learn about the Mazda Miata history and more. We can even help you secure a lease with bad credit or help you compare the Mazda CX-5 vs. Nissan Rogue or Mazda3 vs. Honda Civic. Learn more at Biggers Mazda.
More From Biggers Mazda
The new Mazda CX-30 has plenty to offer Schaumburg drivers. With upgraded technology features, strong performance specs, and interior conveniences, this new Mazda model makes it easy to enhance any drive. Put down the Mazda CX-30 reviews and explore all this model has to offer in person with a test drive at Biggers Mazda before you…
Everyone needs options. Well, thenew Mazda CX-30 has them. It comes in 4 trims and 2 drivetrain choices. The good news is that the new Mazda CX-30 price (MSRP) for even its most decked-out trim, the Premier Package, is under $30,000*. No wonder this crossover SUV is so popular with Schaumburg drivers. You can…
Just how much is a Mazda CX-9 in the Schaumburg area? That depends on what you’re looking for in your next SUV. While the entry-level Mazda CX-9 starts at $33,790*, St Charles and Geneva drivers can take their pick of four different trim levels ranging in price and amenities. So whether you’ve got your eye…