How Do You Change the Mazda Key Fob Battery?
At Biggers Mazda, we know that many drivers in the Schaumburg area depend on the convenience of remote access to their vehicles, whether it’s to lock and unlock the doors, start the engine, or open to trunk. When you have become accustomed to having this technology, it can create challenges when that battery needs to be replaced. Luckily, it’s easy to open your key fob and replace the CR2025 battery.
How to Open Mazda Key Fob
- On the back of your key fob, you will find the auxiliary key button. Once you press that button, you will be able to access the metal auxiliary key.
- After you take the metal key out, you will find a slot on either side of the key casing.
- Carefully pry open the case using a tape-wrapped flathead screwdriver. Gently start on one side and then move to the other side.
How to Change Battery in Mazda Key Fob
It’s easy to change the battery once you open the Mazda key fob:
- Remove the battery cap for access to the battery.
- Take out the battery, but be careful of the rubber ring. If the ring gets scratched, it must be replaced before continuing.
- If the ring is undamaged, leave it in place while you put your new battery in the key fob with the positive (+) side up, facing you.
- Close the battery cover and reattach both sides of the key fob. Be sure to press down until you hear a clicking sound. After you replace the key, you are all set!
Need Assistance? Biggers Mazda is Here for You!
If you’re worried about changing your Mazda key fob battery yourself in Geneva or you want to make sure it’s done correctly the first time, contact our service department in Elgin with questions to schedule an appointment. Our experts know Mazda vehicles inside and out and would be delighted to assist you and help you learn about the Mazda Miata history and more. We can even help you secure a lease with bad credit or help you compare the Mazda CX-5 vs. Nissan Rogue or Mazda3 vs. Honda Civic. Learn more at Biggers Mazda.
More From Biggers Mazda
There’s a wide variety of 2020 Mazda6 configurations for drivers to choose from. Each offers high-end technology, advances in safety technology, and so much more. Learn about what each trim level has to offer for the price and choose the one that best fits your driving needs on St Charles roadways. Learn MoreBrowse Inventory 2020 MAZDA6…
2020 saw big changes to the Mazda CX-3 trim levels: three 2019 trim levels have become one in 2020. That’s great news for car-buyers, because the 2020 Mazda CX-3 combines key features from all three 2019 Mazda CX-3 trim levels. Read on to see how Schaumburg drivers benefit from a long list of newly standard…
If you’re in the market for a small crossover, the Mazda CX-5 is a great all-around vehicle that ticks all the boxes: fuel efficiency, premium interior amenities, lots of standard safety features, and agile handling. Whether you drive mainly in downtown Schaumburg traffic or on a highway commute to St Charles, the CX-5 should definitely top…