How Do You Change the Mazda Key Fob Battery?
At Biggers Mazda, we know that many drivers in the Schaumburg area depend on the convenience of remote access to their vehicles, whether it’s to lock and unlock the doors, start the engine, or open to trunk. When you have become accustomed to having this technology, it can create challenges when that battery needs to be replaced. Luckily, it’s easy to open your key fob and replace the CR2025 battery.
How to Open Mazda Key Fob
- On the back of your key fob, you will find the auxiliary key button. Once you press that button, you will be able to access the metal auxiliary key.
- After you take the metal key out, you will find a slot on either side of the key casing.
- Carefully pry open the case using a tape-wrapped flathead screwdriver. Gently start on one side and then move to the other side.
How to Change Battery in Mazda Key Fob
It’s easy to change the battery once you open the Mazda key fob:
- Remove the battery cap for access to the battery.
- Take out the battery, but be careful of the rubber ring. If the ring gets scratched, it must be replaced before continuing.
- If the ring is undamaged, leave it in place while you put your new battery in the key fob with the positive (+) side up, facing you.
- Close the battery cover and reattach both sides of the key fob. Be sure to press down until you hear a clicking sound. After you replace the key, you are all set!
Need Assistance? Biggers Mazda is Here for You!
If you’re worried about changing your Mazda key fob battery yourself in Geneva or you want to make sure it’s done correctly the first time, contact our service department in Elgin with questions to schedule an appointment. Our experts know Mazda vehicles inside and out and would be delighted to assist you and help you learn about the Mazda Miata history and more. We can even help you secure a lease with bad credit or help you compare the Mazda CX-5 vs. Nissan Rogue or Mazda3 vs. Honda Civic. Learn more at Biggers Mazda.
More From Biggers Mazda
There are four 2019 Mazda3 configurations available to Schaumburg drivers. These include the base model, Select Package (Sedan only), Preferred Package, and Premium Package. Each offers plenty of innovative interior technology, a strong performance, and much more you’ll want to explore. Find out which can give you the daily commute you’ve been searching for and…
The 2019 Mazda CX-5 is a midsize SUV that offers drivers a powerful, yet efficient commute as well as towing capabilities that will eliminate a second trip. Learn more about the towing capabilities and experience the 2019 Mazda CX-5 towing capacity, performance, and more when you visit Biggers Mazda. Schedule a test drive in this powerful…
Mazda recently introduced the upcoming 2020 Mazda CX-30 model at the 2019 Geneva International Motor Show Mazda Press Conference and many drivers are excited to experience all that this Mazda model has to offer. While this model hasn’t been released yet, the reviews have been. See what’s being said about this up-and-coming model today with…