What is Good Mileage for a Used Mazda?
Elgin drivers in the market for a new Mazda vehicle may be considering a pre-owned option. As a proud pre-owned Mazda dealership, we understand the allure of a used vehicle that doesn’t suffer a drive-off-the-lot depreciation like a brand new car does— not to mention the overall financial savings. But what is good mileage on a used car you may be interested in? In the following guide, we’ll answer this question.
What is Good Mileage on A Used Car?
As a used-car shopper, you may be wary of any odometer that reads with a 6-figure mileage count. Before you discount that car, it is important to consider both the mileage and the car’s age— lower is typically better, but not always. Sometimes an older car with fewer miles can present more issues than a new car with more miles. A car that went unused for periods of time can have mechanical problems due to neglect and lack of driving. So, there are always multiple factors to consider when it comes to a pre-owned car, not just mileage.
Used-Car Buying Tips
In addition to mileage, the following elements should be regarded just as importantly during your search for a pre-owned vehicle in Schaumburg. Often, looking at the balance and bigger picture of all the following factors can help you make the most informed decision.
- The vehicle’s driving history. What kind of owner had it before? Did they do more city driving or highway driving? This can help you determine what kind of miles are on the car.
- Where was the vehicle driven? Regions with seasons and harsh winters will wear more heavily on the car as it encounters ice, salt, etc.
- Confirm the vehicle’s condition. An inspection by a certified mechanic is important. If the used car dealership doesn’t mention that a factory-trained technician conducted a multi-point inspection prior to putting it on the lot, have your mechanic do it instead.
- The maintenance history is incredibly important. Knowing how, if, and when the vehicle was serviced in years passed can help you know what parts are new, problematic, or need replaced.
- The car’s price. What are you getting for what you’ll pay? Do you just need an affordable vehicle to get you around St Charles, or are you looking for something long-term?
Shop our Used Mazda Inventory
Geneva drivers looking to browse our impressive and pristine used Mazda vehicle inventory are encouraged to contact our team today. We’re standing by to answer any of your questions like “what is good mileage for a used car?” or “what is the difference between used and certified pre-owned vehicles?” Don’t hesitate to come by or reach out.
More From Biggers Mazda
If you’re in the market for a small crossover, the Mazda CX-5 is a great all-around vehicle that ticks all the boxes: fuel efficiency, premium interior amenities, lots of standard safety features, and agile handling. Whether you drive mainly in downtown Schaumburg traffic or on a highway commute to St Charles, the CX-5 should definitely top…
The new Mazda CX-30 has plenty to offer Schaumburg drivers. With upgraded technology features, strong performance specs, and interior conveniences, this new Mazda model makes it easy to enhance any drive. Put down the Mazda CX-30 reviews and explore all this model has to offer in person with a test drive at Biggers Mazda before you…
Everyone needs options. Well, thenew Mazda CX-30 has them. It comes in 4 trims and 2 drivetrain choices. The good news is that the new Mazda CX-30 price (MSRP) for even its most decked-out trim, the Premier Package, is under $30,000*. No wonder this crossover SUV is so popular with Schaumburg drivers. You can…