The 2014 Mazda3 Revealed Before Release
With the success of Skyactiv technology and the already-popular current 2013 Mazda3, the Japanese auto manufacturer is continuing to turn heads with its brand-new redesign of the Mazda3 for the 2014 model year. The new model shares very few similarities to its predecessors, as it features a complete exterior overhaul along with a driver-oriented interior design. Here at Biggers Mazda in Elgin, we could not be happier with what Mazda has in store for Mazda3 fans, and we expect this upgraded model to continue to sell just as well as its current model.
Exterior Changes and Performance Choices
- Shorter, Sleeker: When compared to the 2013 Mazda3, the 2014 model has a length of 175.6 inches, which is 1.8 inches shorter. The new Mazda3 also has a reduced ceiling by just over half-an-inch, but is 1.6 inches wider for added hip-room. However, toward the rear of the hatchback, the roof above the back passenger seats is 2 inches taller for added headroom.
- KODO Design Elements: Mazda’s signature KODO dimensions elicit strong feelings of motion while maintaining striking lines and solid proportions. The signature Mazda five-point grille is slightly wider and longer.
- Engine Choices: Depending on your choice, under the hood of the 2014 Mazda3 will either be the current Skyactive-G 2.0L engine or the new 2.5L Skyactive-G 2.5L found currently in the 2014 Mazda6. The 2.0L engine is capable of 155 hp and 150 lb-ft of torque while the 2.5L engine puts out 184 hp and 185 lb-ft of maximum torque for more responsive acceleration.
- Human-Machine Interface: A redesigned heads-up display for the 2014 Mazda3 driver will provide a bevy of information divided into separate groups for easier, safer processing. Proper driving posture, road concentration, and added safety are all goals that the new HMI hopes to accomplish.
- Active Driving Display: Mounted behind the meter hood of the 2014 Mazda3 is a clear panel that pops up to show a variety of performance details. Vehicle speed, directions for the available navigation system, and estimated fuel efficiency are just a few of the possibilities that this display will be capable of. Its position above the gauges is within a driver’s natural line of sight without being distracting, and withdraws into the meter hood when the ignition is turned off.
Keep On the Lookout For the 2014 Mazda3 Release Date
At Biggers Mazda, we like to keep our customers well-informed with the latest details and information coming off the wire. While there is no current release date for the new Mazda3, our inventory of other current Mazda vehicles is sure to have something for everyone. Give us a call at (888) 638-7855 or visit our dealership at 1320 E. Chicago Street in Elgin to take a test drive!