The Art of Washing Your Car
Many people think that washing a car is a simple, routine activity. For the most part it is, but what car owners may not understand is that there is a way vehicles should be washed if you want it to be as spot-free and shiny as the day you drove it off the lot.
Here are some easy tips to follow to give a fresh, shiny look to the outside of your car, truck, or SUV:
- Wash in a shaded area. You want the exterior surface to be cool. If it’s hot, the soap will dry too quick, leaving stains and essentially forcing you to re-wash the car.
- Pre-soak your car. Doing this will help to loosen up any tough dirt or remove any bugs.
- Wash one section at a time. You want to start with the roof of the vehicle and move your way down. Be sure after you wash each section that you immediately rinse it off. The reason you want to wash from top to bottom is to avoid dirtying the lower part of the car again when going from bottom to top.
- Rinse your car thoroughly. You want to be sure that you clear away all the dirt and soap from the initial washing.
- Dry immediately. Once you’re finished washing you’ll want to be sure to dry your vehicle right away. This will help eliminate any water spots that might appear.
Don’t Forget About the Interior
Once you’re done washing the outside, it might be a good idea to think about cleaning the inside of your car. Who doesn’t want to ride around in a fresh smelling and clean vehicle? Be careful what you use on the interior upholstery so that it doesn’t ruin anything. The spots that are usually the dirtiest are the steering wheel, seat belt, shifting knob, and driver’s side door panel, so be sure to take the time to clean these areas. Clean your windows with glass cleaner and paper towels.
Learn More at Biggers Mazda
For more questions about what you should or shouldn’t use when cleaning your car, be sure to stop by your Elgin-area Mazda dealership. At Biggers Mazda, our staff will be happy to make sure you’re using the right materials to wash your vehicle. Feel free to contact us with any questions and we’ll be glad to help.