What are the Mazda Maintenance Schedules?
Regular Mazda maintenance is crucial to keeping your new Mazda running the way it should on Schaumburg roads and beyond. Learn more about the recommended Mazda maintenance schedules with Biggers Mazda today and contact our service department if it’s time for a maintenance appointment. It’s also a good idea to reference the owner’s manual or consult with a certified technician will make sure that your vehicle is getting the care it requires. In the meantime, let’s take a brief look at maintenance schedules for some common Mazda models.
MAZDA3 Maintenance Schedule
With Mazda vehicles, the maintenance schedule is a bit different depending on whether you set the “Oil Change” maintenance monitor to “Flexible” or “Fixed”. This merely changes the frequency at which you should check certain elements of your vehicle.
Normal Driving Conditions
- Every Year: inspect your disc brakes
- Every Two Years: inspect fuel lines/hoses, brake lines, hoses, and connections, steering operation, front and rear suspension, driveshaft dust boost, and tighten bolts and nuts and chassis and body
- Every Three Years: inspect the drive belts
- Every Four Years: inspect the hoses and tubes for emission and exhaust system and heat shields
- On a “Flexible” oil change monitor setting: replace oil when the wrench indicator is ON. At this time, you should also replace the air filter and cabin air filter. Max interval is 12 months / 10,000 miles
- On a “Fixed” oil change monitor setting: replace the oil every 6 months, replace the air filter at 30 months and the cabin air filter every two years
- Replace engine coolant at 120,000 miles / 10 years or 60,000 miles / 4 years depending on coolant type. After first replacement, change at 60,000 miles / 5 years and 60,000 miles / 4 years, respectively.
- Replace spark plugs at 75,000 miles and rotate tires at 5,000 miles
MAZDA6 Maintenance Schedule
- Normal Driving Conditions
- Follow the Mazda3 schedule for yearly, bi-yearly, and three year maintenance needs
- Every Four Years: Inspect hoses and tubes for emission
- Every Five Years: Inspect the exhaust system and heat shields
- Replace air filter every three years
- Replace engine oiland filter when wrench indicator light is ON. Max interval is 12 months / 7,500 miles
- Replace engine coolant at 120,000 miles / 10 years, and at 60,000 miles / 5 years after the first replacement
- Replace cabin air filter every two years
- Replace spark plugs with Skyactiv®-G 2.5 every 75,000 miles, and every 40,000 miles with Skyactiv®-G 2.5T
- Rotate tires every 7,500 miles
- Inspect emergency flat tire repair kit annually if installed
- If submerged in water, replace rear differential and transfer oil annually
MAZDA CX-5 Maintenance Schedule
- Normal Driving Conditions
- Follow the Mazda6 schedule, with few variations
- Replace spark plugs with Skyactiv®-G 2.5T every 40,000 miles, and every 75,000 miles on anything other than Skyactiv®-G 2.5T
Get Your Maintenance Updated at Biggers Mazda
Behind on your Mazda maintenance schedule? Make your way to our service center. The Biggers Mazda service team is ready to get your vehicle back on Geneva roads in no time at all. Schedule a service appointment today, browse our service specials, and contact us with any questions in the meantime.
More From Biggers Mazda
If you’re in the market for a small crossover, the Mazda CX-5 is a great all-around vehicle that ticks all the boxes: fuel efficiency, premium interior amenities, lots of standard safety features, and agile handling. Whether you drive mainly in downtown Schaumburg traffic or on a highway commute to St Charles, the CX-5 should definitely top…
The new Mazda CX-30 has plenty to offer Schaumburg drivers. With upgraded technology features, strong performance specs, and interior conveniences, this new Mazda model makes it easy to enhance any drive. Put down the Mazda CX-30 reviews and explore all this model has to offer in person with a test drive at Biggers Mazda before you…
Everyone needs options. Well, thenew Mazda CX-30 has them. It comes in 4 trims and 2 drivetrain choices. The good news is that the new Mazda CX-30 price (MSRP) for even its most decked-out trim, the Premier Package, is under $30,000*. No wonder this crossover SUV is so popular with Schaumburg drivers. You can…