Mazda CX-9 Safety Features
Rolling with your carpool is a dream in the Mazda CX-9, with its premier safety features and luxurious style. The Mazda CX-9 is hands-down one of the most beautiful, versatile, and safe crossover SUVs on the road today, and that’s why it’s a top choice for families and anyone who wants to look good while feeling protected on the road.
Let’s start with the way the Mazda CX-9 has been designed and structured. Mazda safety features begin with the use of side-impact door beams, which reduce the level of force on the inside of the vehicle, plus three-point seat belts throughout and front seat-belt pretensioners with force limiters. The Mazda CX-9 also comes with an anti-lock brake system with Electronic Brake Force Distribution and Brake Assist, which spreads the braking pressure to each wheel to help maintain control and avoid skidding in hazardous conditions. It also incorporates driver-controlled child-safety rear door locks, as well as LATCH second-row car seat anchors and tethers for ease and security with your children’s safety seats.
The Mazda CX-9’s advanced dual front airbags with passenger-weight and driver’s seat-position sensors provide the highest level of safety by properly inflating and then quickly deflating in the event of a collision. The extensive airbag system also includes front side-impact airbags and side-impact air curtains with rollover protection. The side curtain airbags inflate to the full area of your window to protect your head after impact, and the rollover protection keeps it inflated in case the car keeps turning over.
Advanced Safety Capabilities
Mazda safety features go far beyond just the basics, starting with the expansive rear view camera that enhances your visibility as you move in reverse. The standard Dynamic Stability Control with Traction Control detects if a wheel loses traction and reduces the torque to that wheel to even out the speed. Other innovative safety technologies include:
- Smart Brake Support – An advanced system for automatically braking if an unavoidable collision is sensed up ahead, when traveling at least 10 mph.
- Smart City Brake Support – An automatic system to apply the brakes in the event of an unavoidable collision at slower speeds, between 2 and 18 mph.
- Distance Recognition Support System – A radar-based system that keeps you a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you.
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System – A system that dynamically adjusts your headlight beams by measuring your speed and steering angle.
- Blind Spot Monitoring – An automated alert system for your blind spots.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – A radar-based warning system to alert you to obstacles when you’re backing up.
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Close Proximity Warning –A radar-based warning system that calculates the speed and distance of the vehicles in front of you and lets you know if you’re approaching too fast.
- Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring – A radar-based system to alert you to objects in your left and right blind spots.
- Lane Departure Warning System – An alert system for when your vehicle drifts out of its current lane, when traveling at 37 mph or higher.
- Lane Keep Assist – An addition to the Lane Departure Warning System, it automatically makes minor steering corrections to keep you in the center of your lane.
Keep Your Family as Safe as Possible
Mazda CX-9 safety features make your choice a total no-brainer. This SUV is the picture of style and innovation, and its safety capabilities are on target. Come in to Biggers Mazda, and we’ll show you how all of these safety technologies work. Contact us today!