The Importance of Winterizing Your Car
One of the things that makes Biggers Mazda one of the top car dealers in the Geneva area is our commitment to educating our customers, and this is an especially important mission with the advent of winter. While it’s a rare case, you want to make sure that you’re prepared for the worst, because being stranded will be so much worse if you’re not prepared to handle the situation.
Tips for Winterizing Your Car
Here are our top vehicle winterization tips:
- There’s surely a consensus among Geneva area car dealers that you should keep an emergency kit in your vehicle. This kit should include a spare tire and tools for installing it, as well as washer fluid, coolant, engine oil, an ice scraper, and a flashlight. A blanket’s a good idea, too, in case you find yourself stuck and your heater isn’t working.
- Have the belts and hoses in your vehicle checked. While this usually happens as part of a tune-up — which you should have performed about every 30,000 miles — it’s a good idea to have a professional take a look at these things before winter hits. The cold weather can weaken them, and it could result in the need for a tow truck if left unchecked.
- Replace your wipers and wiper fluid. Visibility is paramount, and you should get new wipers every six months to a year. Keep an extra bottle of washer fluid in your car and top it off regularly.
- Have your heater and defroster checked. The defroster is crucial for visibility; the heater is crucial for comfort. After all, if you’re shivering, you’re not going to be able to concentrate on the road very well.
- Keep your gas tank filled. Don’t be stingy about stopping at the gas station in the wintertime — it would be a shame to get stranded because you were hoping for the price to drop. Additionally, having too little fuel in the tank creates the possibility of your fuel lines freezing.
Choose Biggers Mazda
At Biggers Mazda, we’re happy to offer these and other winterization tips. Visit our dealership to learn about more ways that you can prepare for the coming moments. We look forward to showing you why we’re one of the best car dealers in the Geneva area.